Fortunoff Fine Jewelry
Pre-Owned Lapel Pin With Pearls, Base Metal
Pre-Owned Lapel Pin With Pearls, Base Metal
From the one-of-a-kind by "Tris Lane". She collected her treasures all over the world. This lapel pin with pearls came with a note that said 1930's France.
- Base metal
- 10 freshwater cultured pearls
- Pin diameter .40 inch
- Length 2.50 inches
- Circa 1930s
- Made in USA
Due to the unique nature of Estate and Pre-Owned items, this piece is not subject to refund.
Freshwater cultured pearls are cultured through an implantation process similar to that of the saltwater, except that no shell bead is needed. A tiny piece of tissue stimulates the freshwater mussel to produce nacre, coating the tiny implant and creating the freshwater cultured pearl. Freshwater culturing originated in the waters of Lake Biwa in Japan, and the first freshwater cultured pearls were sometimes called "Biwa" pearls. Today, due to heavy pollution, Lake Biwa is no longer a producer of commercial quantities of pearls. Fortunately, China has taken over this role, and recent harvests have yielded breathtaking sizes and qualities of cultured freshwater pearls. They come in natural pinks, mauves and peaches, as well as color-enhanced blacks, bronzes and greys. Smaller quantities of freshwater cultured pearls are also grown in the southeastern United States, as well as other locales around the world.
For more information about pearls see our complete Pearl Guide.
Our exacting standards, meticulous attention to detail, and friendly service ensure that you will always be completely satisfied with your fine cultured pearl selection from Fortunoff.
If you have questions, email us at: email@example.com.
Special Care for Gemstone Jewelry
Most colored gemstones routinely undergo heating or other treatments to further enhance their natural beauty. These enhancements are generally permanent. However, extra care should be taken with all colored gemstone jewelry. If cared for properly, it can last a lifetime.
- Never expose any gemstone jewelry to salt water, chemicals, perfume or hairspray. These substances may slowly erode the finish and polish of the gems. Do not subject gemstone jewelry to sudden temperature changes.
- Opals, emeralds and tanzanite require extra precautions.
- Do not use commercial cleaning solutions, ultrasonic steam cleaners, cold or hot water to clean these gems. Use only a soft cloth and lukewarm water. Opals are especially sensitive to temperature variations, which can cause cracking. Remove your opal jewelry before washing dishes, handling frozen foods, or in very cold weather.
- Store your gemstone jewelry in cotton, tissue paper or in a jewelry box or pouch. Keep each piece separate as these gemstones are easily scratched by other pieces.
Special Care for Opaque Stone Jewelry
- Porous stones such as lapis, turquoise, coral, and malachite are sometimes treated to further enhance natural color or luster. Although this treatment is generally stable, it may be affected by contact with hairspray, perfume, or dry cleaning solution.
- Avoid exposure of these stones to any chemicals or detergents.
For more information on jewelry care see our complete Jewelry Care Guide.
If you have questions about how to care for your jewelry, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy Free Gift Wrapping and Free Ground Shipping Every Day!
It's always been a hallmark of Fortunoff. When other merchants charge $5 per package for gift wrap — we offer it for free!
Your jewelry will always ship in the signature Fortunoff gift box or gift pouch.
If you would like your gift box wrapped or to send a personalized gift message, simply choose "Gift Services" during checkout. You can select to have your box wrapped in our elegant silver paper and enter your gift message, which we will hand-write on our gift card.
Free Ground Delivery
Shop at FortunoffJewelry.com and enjoy free FedEx Home Delivery on every order, every day. Your free shipping discount will be automatically applied during checkout.
General Shipping Information
- We make every attempt to fill your order as quickly as possible. Most in-stock orders are shipped within 2-3 business days.
- Orders that are designated for Overnight or 2-Day service may not ship the same day they were ordered. These still are subject to normal order processing and fulfillment, including security screening that protects you, our customer.
- For rush orders, special situations, or stock inquiries, please call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-636-7886 or e-mail email@example.com.
- We require a signature upon delivery for orders over $500 and for all orders being delivered to an apartment, suite or business.
- Our standard residential shipping methods are USPS Priority Mail and FedEx.
- We do not ship to international addresses, APO or FPO addresses.
- Orders to Alaska and Hawaii must be shipped via Overnight or 2-Day methods.
- Generally, we do not ship orders on Saturday or Sunday, and orders are not delivered on weekends, except by special prior arrangement.
- If your order cannot be shipped within 4 business days after it is confirmed, we will notify you by e-mail and/or phone.
- For merchandise that is not immediately available (backorder, special order or merchandise that requires sizing or personalization) we will contact you regarding ship date. We will make every attempt to expedite your order and notify you by e-mail or phone when your order is ready to ship.
- Merchandise will be billed to your credit card when ready to ship, with the exception of custom orders, which are billed at time of order.
- Packages that are returned or shipped with an incorrect address that has been provided by the customer will be subject to additional shipping charges.
- Your selection ships in a gift box. Free gift wrapping and gift card messages are available; just indicate your request at check-out in the appropriate fields.
Shipping rates are based on the shipping method you choose. We offer the following services (all are based on total purchase, excluding tax, for delivery to a single address):
|Ground (standard) delivery||Free on orders over $75|
|2-day delivery||$19 per address|
|Overnight delivery||$29 per address|
Multiple Items Being Shipped
- Orders containing multiple items being shipped to the same address may ship separately if some items are backordered and cannot be shipped all together within 7 days. If multiple shipments are necessary, we will not charge you additional fees.
- Items being shipped to multiple addresses are subject to separate shipping charges per each address.
- You will be notified as each item/package ships.
From 9:30 AM to 6 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday
You may also request a phone appointment.
Our customer service team is here to help you with any question you might have.
Fortunoff Fine Jewelry
For shipments only:
FFJ / Four Leaf Designs
360 Maple Ave, Unit 132
Westbury, NY 11590