Fortunoff Fine Jewelry
Victorian Spinning Style Locket, 14 Karat Yellow Gold
Victorian Spinning Style Locket, 14 Karat Yellow Gold
Lovely and romantic, this locket is modeled on the Victorian-age "spinner" locket. Suspended within a frame, it can be turned to view either side. On one side is a single round brilliant diamond centered in high-polished gold. On the other an embossed border with machine turned edging with a high-polished center that is suitable for engraving. The top of the frame has a scroll work detail, with a bale at the top to support a 14k yellow gold 16" chain with spring ring. The diameter of the locket itself is 1 inch, and the length including the bale is 1.40 inches. Opens from the top and can hold two photos. This high polished 14 karat yellow gold locket is sure to be a treasured keepsake.
- 14 karat yellow gold
- Double-sided locket
- Round diamond weighs .02 carat
- Locket diameter 1 inch
- Chain length 16 inches
- Spring ring closure
- Made in USA
Amy: "There's something so romantic, so heirloom-quality, about spinning lockets and pendants - these really capture the essence of why we buy jewelry and treasure it through the generations. We have them in every price point, and each one offers the opportunity to personalize and preserve memories. "
Gold Jewelry - What You Should Know
When you are looking at jewelry, it's important to know the quality of what you buy. Sometimes jewelry is characterized as gold, but really contains very little gold, or none at all. When you see several pieces of jewelry that all look similar, yet are priced very differently, the fineness of the gold may account for the vast differences in pricing.
U.S. laws and Federal Trade Commission guidelines govern the way gold jewelry must be described. There are specific definitions, according to the "fineness" (the amount of pure gold it contains). In the U.S., recent changes to FTC guidelines now allow an item to be described as "gold" with a modification even if there is only 1 karat of gold in the item (1/24, or 41/1000, parts gold).
Here are the technical definitions:
- With recent changes in federal guidelines, an item that is called "gold" may have as little as 1 karat of gold in the piece.
- Gold content is described based on the amount of pure gold compared to the alloys added. This may be measured as __/24, or ___/1000. So, for example:
- 14 karat gold is 14/24, or 585/1000, parts gold. Many gold jewelry items in the U.S. are of 14 karat gold.
- 18 karat gold is 18/24, or 750/1000, parts gold. The 18 karat gold standard is most typical of Italian and other European countries.
- White gold is created by mixing other alloys with the pure 24K gold. White gold is routinely coated with a rhodium finish. Rhodium is in the platinum family, and therefore tarnish resistant. The rhodium finish on white gold will wear off over time depending on how the jewelry is worn, cared for and cleaned. This finish can be reapplied as needed.
- Vermeil is plated sterling silver. It requires a layer of gold at least 2.5 microns thick (approximately 100 millionths of an inch). The gold is generally 14, 18 or 24 karat, and frequently specified.
- Gold filled, gold plate, and electroplate items have thinner layers of fine gold applied over silver or a base metal such as bronze or steel, and contain less gold content than vermeil. This technique is best suited to necklaces or earrings, where the durability of the coating is less crucial.
For more information see our Metals Info and Care Guide.
Special Care for Gold Jewelry
- For light cleaning of your gold or platinum jewelry soak the jewelry in a bowl of mild liquid detergent and lukewarm water. Brush lightly with a toothbrush. Rinse thoroughly with warm, then cool water to remove dulling residue, and dry with a soft cloth. To remove heavy grease or oil, dip your precious metal jewelry into plain rubbing alcohol, then follow the directions above.
- Remove jewelry before bathing, swimming, gardening or exercising.
- Chemicals such a chlorine or cleaning solutions can damage your jewelry. Hairspray, perfume or perspiration may also dull the finish of precious metals.
For more information on jewelry care see our Jewelry Care Guide.
If you have questions about how to care for your jewelry, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy Free Gift Wrapping and Free Ground Shipping Every Day!
It's always been a hallmark of Fortunoff. When other merchants charge $5 per package for gift wrap — we offer it for free!
Your jewelry will always ship in the signature Fortunoff gift box or gift pouch.
If you would like your gift box wrapped or to send a personalized gift message, simply choose "Gift Services" during checkout. You can select to have your box wrapped in our elegant silver paper and enter your gift message, which we will hand-write on our gift card.
Free Ground Delivery
Shop at FortunoffJewelry.com and enjoy free FedEx Home Delivery on every order, every day. Your free shipping discount will be automatically applied during checkout.
General Shipping Information
- We make every attempt to fill your order as quickly as possible. Most in-stock orders are shipped within 2-3 business days.
- Orders that are designated for Overnight or 2-Day service may not ship the same day they were ordered. These still are subject to normal order processing and fulfillment, including security screening that protects you, our customer.
- For rush orders, special situations, or stock inquiries, please call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-636-7886 or e-mail email@example.com.
- We require a signature upon delivery for orders over $500 and for all orders being delivered to an apartment, suite or business.
- Our standard residential shipping methods are USPS Priority Mail and FedEx.
- We do not ship to international addresses, APO or FPO addresses.
- Orders to Alaska and Hawaii must be shipped via Overnight or 2-Day methods.
- Generally, we do not ship orders on Saturday or Sunday, and orders are not delivered on weekends, except by special prior arrangement.
- If your order cannot be shipped within 4 business days after it is confirmed, we will notify you by e-mail and/or phone.
- For merchandise that is not immediately available (backorder, special order or merchandise that requires sizing or personalization) we will contact you regarding ship date. We will make every attempt to expedite your order and notify you by e-mail or phone when your order is ready to ship.
- Merchandise will be billed to your credit card when ready to ship, with the exception of custom orders, which are billed at time of order.
- Packages that are returned or shipped with an incorrect address that has been provided by the customer will be subject to additional shipping charges.
- Your selection ships in a gift box. Free gift wrapping and gift card messages are available; just indicate your request at check-out in the appropriate fields.
Shipping rates are based on the shipping method you choose. We offer the following services (all are based on total purchase, excluding tax, for delivery to a single address):
|Ground (standard) delivery||FREE|
|2-day delivery||$19 per address|
|Overnight delivery||$29 per address|
Multiple Items Being Shipped
- Orders containing multiple items being shipped to the same address may ship separately if some items are backordered and cannot be shipped all together within 7 days. If multiple shipments are necessary, we will not charge you additional fees.
- Items being shipped to multiple addresses are subject to separate shipping charges per each address.
- You will be notified as each item/package ships.
From 9:30 AM to 6 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday
You may also request a phone appointment.
Our customer service team is here to help you with any question you might have.
Fortunoff Fine Jewelry
For shipments only:
FFJ / Four Leaf Designs
360 Maple Ave, Unit 132
Westbury, NY 11590